Tuesday, August 16, 2011

TOGAF Day 1

Though I still continue in the IASA Mentoring program. I had to pause for a few days to attain a TOGAF Certification.

Training facilitated by John Polgreen from Architecting the Enterprise. I have had a bit of experience with Frameworks having worked on eTOM and NGOSS over the last couple of years so TOGAF is not pretty new but I have a bit of issues understanding the Architectural models. I hoped this training would help address that.

I spent two hours last night reading the TOGAF 9e material which seems simple at the beginning but quickly turned cryptic after a couple of pages.

The training today mentioned some of the stuff I was trying to read last night and give me better confidence in understanding the terms. I will give reading the material another shot later tonight.

A little surprised when it was announced we registered for the TOGAF 8  and not TOGAF 9 but John quickly clarified that there is a makeup exam specific to moving to TOGAF 9 from 8.

I am not sure how much of the Architectural Models we would be able to handle in the four day training but I hoped we can do all. On the brighter side, I would have bagged the TOGAF Cert title by the end of the week.

No comments: