Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Journey to EA: IASA Mentoring Day 2

After reading the IASA Mentee handbook just before bed the previous night. I realised a key Goal visibly missing in my goals set on day 1 which is to
Develop and build a healthy/cordial relationship with my mentor
On getting to work, I immediately responded to Scott's and composed another mail on my ipad about myself with a picture of my family and I. Discovered later through Scott that all test after the picture got chuncked off and only a portion of the mail got delivered (still cannot explain what happened).

I left a message for Scott on the message board to buzz when he's available. He replied a few minutes later requesting for my resume and a CITA-P Skill Assessment form. Fortunately, I had recent resume handy.

The Skill Assessment was quite an eye-opener as I could quickly connect the dots of a lot of my missing skills. My summary score (hope I was objective in the scoring) is as shown below. Score based on 1-4 (mind you there are 10 proficiency levels).

Business Technology Strategy 1
IT Environment 2.2
Design Skills 2.2
Human Dynamics 2
Quality Attributes 2.1
Software Architecture 2.2
Infrastructure Architecture 2

We later had our first phone conversation. He was soft spoken and assuring. The discussion surrounds on the role of EA and it's report line.

Paul Preiss declined my request for Mentoring on a good ground that I had already been accepted by a Mentor and like Scott will only want to a handle a Single Mentee.

The numbe of mentee regsisted grew to 18। I realized there could be room for more mentees so I invited a few friends to come join.

Grady Booch just joined the list of Mentor now.

No comments: