Monday, August 01, 2011

Journey to EA: IASA Mentoring Day 1

Waking up this morning, I was so pumped about my IASA Mentoring program to commence today. A little downcast not being able to find any information yet in my email box; a situation exacerbated by my excitement. Last week's orientation Webinar was a blast. It was very informative and assuring of the value in this program.

After a long wait due to the time zone difference, Paul Preiss sent an invite and I quickly update profile and commence soliciting for Mentors. There are about 20 Mentors available yet (Grady Booch that has recently joined the Mentor Program was clearly missing and may appear soon. ), I expect there are more coming soon. I was able to contact 8 seasoned EAs with vast experience to accept me as a Mentee.

I noticed quite a good number of the 20s currently work with Microsoft or has served with Microsoft in one capacity or the other. Surprisingly, they are the same guys I have tried to find earlier in the year through the MVP program to mentor as EA. I must have been using the wrong machinery for such quest. Glad I have that now and intend to maximize their use if they let me.

Awesome, Scott Whitmire just accepted to be my mentor. He is a Enterprise Architect with T-Mobile. I expect to learn a great deal from him considering the industry we currently both share in common.

To set my EA Goals
- Learn about Role of EA in the Enterprise
- How EA applies in the Telcoms
- How to Formulate an EA Strategy & Sell strategy to Business
- Using EA tools
- still thinking....

No comments: