Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Journey to EA: IASA Mentoring Day 3

 

Spent a bit time today reading about Business Architecture but then I got an interview to prepare for and still got a lot of the companies products to learn about.

Buzzed Scott on GTalk around 7.30pm GMT +1. Just before then, I had a thought not to contact him today to give myself time to prepare better for his sessions. I can’t be seen asking dumb questions. This will mean having to mail him to inform him not to bother planning for me today and that changed my mind. I still got yesterday’s CITA-P Skill Assessment feedback to get from him.

During the chat, he advices that our sessions will be focused on Business and Human Dynamics (two key areas I was clearly weak in the Assessment). He advice I get a few books

  • Portable MBA Series
  • The Path: Creating Your Mission Statement for Work and Life
  • Subscribe to Fortune Magazine or any other local Business magazines

He excuse to dash for a meeting and we done for the day. I still pray silently that Grady Booch to accept me as mentee.

The number of Mentees rose to 19.

No comments: