Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ResolverOne - IronPython Spreadsheet



   I met Michael Foord (the kind of guy that runs Windows on MacPro. He also wrote a book IronPython in Action still in print by Manning ) recently and he was so passionate about what he's been doing in the IronPython  Space. He has this cool programmable spreadsheet application dubbed ResolverOne . Believe me, this will make you never want to touch VBA. 

A  similar implementation was demoed at Mix09 by John Lam (the IronRuby guy) with Silverlight 3 - this I learnt came with deep multimedia capability and can run out of the browser sandbox to run on the GPU.  ResolverOne is a pretty cool implementation of spreadsheet and I am yet to imagine the bound of it's limitation. You could actually do anything imaginable about spreadsheet. I have revved this since the summit and still amazed how easy to import any existing python library and use user custom functions/libraries. 

No comments: